fbpx

Is Mold Dangerous?

 In Uncategorized

This is an age old question people ask time and time again, and the short answer is yes, mold can be very dangerous. Keep reading to find out what kind of symptoms are associated with mold sickness and what to do if you discover mold in your home.

mold developing inside a basement

Common Symptoms Associated With Mold Sickness

Many people who have a mold problem and that are repeatedly getting sick,  usually never realize that the same mold they have been living with for however long is actually what is making them sick over and over again. If you spot mold in your house or basement, don’t try to handle the problem yourself, because you could end up exposing yourself to mold spores which could get in your lungs and cause yourself to become very ill. Instead, call a licensed professional like our guys here at EcoStrike.

 

Some of the Most Common Symptoms of Mold Sickness Are:

  • Dry Skin
  • Frequent Coughing and Postnasal Drip
  • Frequent Sneezing
  • Increased Asthmatic Episodes (if you’re asthmatic)
  • Watery Eyes
  • Stuffy Nose
  • Chronic Fatigue
  • Chronic Headaches
  • Chest Tightness

 

Other Symptoms Linked to Mold Exposure

One of the many reasons many people don’t realize that their chronic illness is due to mold is because the symptoms mimic common illnesses. For example, some people are diagnosed with chronic sore throats and the culprit of the problem “mold” is usually an afterthought by doctors.

 

 

a young woman experiencing a chronic cough due to mold exposure

Do You Have Allergies or Asthma? Mold Can Be a Big Problem For You

If you have severe allergies or if you have been diagnosed with asthma, mold can be a huge problem. Since mold spores can become airborne and enter your respiratory tract, this means you are at a higher risk for developing respiratory problems due to mold. In many cases, asthmatic patients who have been unable to avoid chronic exposure to mold, will usually end up in the hospital for aggressive treatment. These dangerous little spores can cause your chest to become very tight, and make breathing very uncomfortable. Regardless of what you have heard from others, mold sickness is real, and it makes thousands of people sick each year.

Recent Posts
Contact Us
Get In Touch

Call (561) 990-6653 today, email contact@ecostrikellc.com, or fill out the form below and we'll get back to you right away!